Managing Professional Boundaries Workshop
Date:Wednesday 07 October
Time: 09.30 - 16.30
Venue: The Carmelite Community Centre, 56 Aungier St, Dublin D02 T258
NOTE: The training will comply with Government regulations relating to Covid 19. Should regulations not permit face to face training, participants will have the option of taking part in this workshop remotely, via Zoom.
Designed and delivered by The Learning Curve Institute, this workshop will provide an overview of boundaries and the many ways in which they can be encountered and managed. There is a strong emphasis on practical examples of boundary issues throughout the programme and there will be examples of best practice in relation to boundaries offered throughout the training. The programme is aimed at participants who wish to underpin and strengthen their existing knowledge around boundaries. There will be an element of self-care covered in the programme. Above all this is a practical application of relevant theory and practice in relation to boundaries.
The aim of this training programme is to enable participants to:
- Become aware of the importance of managing boundaries.
- Define what are good/bad boundaries.
- To highlight some of the areas where boundaries may become blurred and ways of proactively dealing with these.
- To identify where a person’s boundaries are not clear and appropriate responses to this.
- Define a “best practice” approach to managing boundaries.
- Understand the need to have an effective framework in relation to managing boundaries, i.e. confidentiality, duty of care, consent to share information, children etc.
- Manage professional boundaries, i.e. record keeping, ethical boundaries etc.
- Manage personal boundaries, i.e. self‐disclosure, use of supervision.
Suitable for: Individuals and can also be delivered as in-house training to groups of employees.
This workshop is eligible for Learning Credits from The Psychological Society of Ireland and The Addiction Counsellors of Ireland (ACI) for CPD points.
For more information and booking: https://www.thelearningcurve.ie/public-training/managing-professional-boundaries-workshop-1/27