Our Commitment to You
The Wheel is committed to ensuring that all our engagements with members, the general public, our supporters, and all others who engage with us, are of the highest possible standard. We listen and respond to all views so that we can continue to improve. The Wheel welcomes both positive and negative feedback and we aim to ensure that:
- It is as easy as possible to make a complaint, where the need arises;
- We treat as a complaint any clear expression of dissatisfaction with our operations which calls for a response;
- We treat every complaint seriously, whether made by telephone, letter, email or in person;
- We deal with any complaint quickly and courteously;
- We respond accordingly – for example, with an explanation or apology where we have got things wrong, and with information on any action taken, etc.;
- We learn from complaints, use them to improve, and monitor them at Board level.
What to do if you have a Complaint?
If you do have a complaint about any aspect of our work, you can contact The Wheel in writing or by telephone. In the first instance, your complaint will be dealt with by our Senior Operations Manager. Please let us know how you would like us to respond, with relevant contact details.
Senior Operations Manager
48 Fleet Street
We are open from 9.00 am to 5.30 pm Monday – Thursday and 9.00 am to 4.00 pm on Fridays.
What information do we need to help resolve your Complaint?
- Remember to state your name and telephone number or email address
- Describe what your complaint is about stating relevant dates and times
- State your preferred method of communication
What Happens Next?
If you complain over the phone, we will try to resolve the issue there and then. Similarly, if you complain by email or in writing we will always acknowledge your complaint within 7 days, and do everything we can to resolve it within 21 days. If this is not possible, we will explain why and give a new deadline.
All complaints will be logged in our Complaints Register and tracked until they are resolved. The complaints register is reviewed annually by our Governance & Nominations Subcommittee, who then update the board of directors.
What happens if the complaint is not resolved?
If you are not happy with our response, you may get in touch again by writing to The Wheel’s Chief Executive Officer. If you are still unsatisfied with the outcome, you are invited to contact the Chairperson of the board who will ensure that your appeal is considered at Board level. They will respond within two weeks of this consideration by Board members.
Acting on Results
We will do everything we can to put things right and will review our procedures where necessary to stop problems happening again.
We value all feedback from those who engage with us, and would also like to hear from you about what you think we do well.
This process for lodging complaints does not apply to The Wheel’s staff or volunteers, who have a separate policy for lodging any complaints.