Join the Fairtrade Fun in 2023 and make a real difference!
Fairtrade Ireland have recently relaunched the Ambassador programme. The next big thing is the Electric Picnic for which Fairtrade Ireland are looking for 15 – 20 Ambassadors to help them carry out a Fairtrade survey. There will be a training on 24 August for this.
Ambassador Training (Thursday 24 August, 18.30 – 20.00)
Electric Picnic (1-3 September - we have space for up to 10)
Register your interest for our training by filling out this form and we will get back to you in due course.
(NB we have a limited number of spaces for Electric Picnic so cannot guarantee places to specific people – but do still apply, there will be many other activities)
FAIRTRADE AMBASSADORS WILL:
1. Upskill. Fairtrade Ireland will organise a briefing session for Fairtrade getting out and about at festivals and events.
2. Network & Connect. Linking up with other Fairtrade Ambassadors in regional and nation-wide activities is encouraged so go meet other passionate people making a difference in all areas of society. In addition, Fairtrade Ireland will organise a team-building event for Fairtrade Ambassadors.
3. Organise events during Fairtrade Fortnight. Fairtrade Fortnight is our annual flagship awareness-raising event. A small number of Fairtrade Ambassadors will get to be a part of our community outreach events around the country – we will try to rotate this in as fair a way as possible. Ambassadors will also be supported with resources and we will share all share each other’s pictures or videos to our mutual benefit.
4. Fairtrade Work Place. Fairtrade Ambassadors are encouraged to ask their work place to stock Fairtrade coffee, bananas, tea and sugar in staffroom or canteen and can help promote Fairtrade coffee and other Fairtrade certified products by organising Fairtrade Coffee Breaks/Fairtrade Breakfast.
6. Share online. Fairtrade Ambassadors donate their social media voice and help spread the word about sustainable Fairtrade products and upcoming events. Share it far and wide, spread the word and let’s change the world together
For all activities, there will be a fair selection process. We want everyone to get a chance.
If this is something that resonates with you, get in touch! To register your interest, please fill out this form.
5. HAVE THE CRAIC! By engaging their friends, Fairtrade Ambassadors will multiply their reach and impact with Fairtrade Ireland. Have the craic by getting your friends/family involved in your events and activities. Just having conversations is very powerful.