INVITATION TO TENDER FOR ANNUAL AUDITING SERVICES
StartBright Early Learning Centres CLG invites tender submissions from interested Auditing Services Suppliers to provide auditing and associated professional services to the organisation from the year ending 31 August 2024. This will comprise of planning and conducting the annual statutory audit of StartBright ELC but will also include other occasional advice and services outlined later in this document.
StartBright Early Learning Centres Company Ltd By Guarantee is a non for profit, community organisation with 7 Early Years Education and School Aged Childcare services located between Clondalkin, Lucan and Tallaght, South Dublin.
The mission of StartBright Early Learning Centres is to develop, deliver and champion early learning services for children, particularly for those living in communities experiencing disadvantage.
Our vision is that all children have equality of opportunity.
StartBright ELC is a registered charity (Charity Number CHY19199). and a company limited by guarantee. It employs over 80 people and has an annual turnover of €2.5m.
Our funding comes from both public and non-public sources. Public sources include government support for the sector, European funding and various contracts for delivery of services and programmes. Non-public sources include parent fees and charitable donations.
Our most recent audited accounts and strategic plan are available on our website.
General Requirements & Responsibilities
StartBright ELC is seeking to engage an experienced Auditing Services Supplier who will provide the full range of auditing services required to fulfil its statutory obligations, to comply with relevant accounting and reporting standards and best practice.
Your responsibility will be to report to StartBright ELC’s Trustees in accordance with the Companies Act 2014 whether, in your expert opinion, the financial statements:
- give a true and fair view of assets, liabilities and the financial position of StartBright ELC as at the end of the financial year on 31 August;
- are prepared in accordance with the Statement of Recommended Practice (SORP) for charities; and,
- are prepared in accordance with the requirements of the Companies Act 2014, Charities Act 2009, and any other relevant legislation.
Based on the work undertaken in the course of the audit, you will have a statutory duty to report whether, in your opinion;
- The information given in the directors’ report is consistent with the financial statements; and
- The directors’ report has been prepared in accordance with the Companies Act 2014.
For further information or to submit a tender please email to financestartbright.ie
Closing Date for tenders: Wednesday 10th January 2024 by close of business at 6pm.