Booking open for Parents Plus programme training for professionals in 2019
You can book online here on the Parents Plus website for training in any of the five Parents Plus programmes in 2019.
About the Parents Plus Programmes
The Parents Plus Programmes are evidence-based parenting courses designed to support and empower parents to manage and solve discipline problems, to create satisfying and enjoyable family relationships and to help children and young people grow up and reach their full potential. The original Parents Plus Programme was developed in 1998 and since then five flagship programmes have been developed targeting different age groups and contexts.
- The Early Years Programme for parents of children aged 1 to 6.
- The Children’s Programme for parents of children aged 6 to 11.
- The Adolescents Programme for parents of adolescents aged 11 to 16.
- The Working Things Out Programme targeted at adolescents aged 11-16.
- Parenting when Separated Programme targeted at parents who are preparing for, going through or have gone through a separation and divorce.
All Parents Plus programmes are evidence-based approaches and currently 19 studies attest to their effectiveness in clinical and specialist settings. They are delivered as structured courses with small groups of parents, children and adolescents utilising DVD input, handouts, group exercises and homework and are delivered within a solution-focused collaborative facilitation model. The Parents Plus charity has an established ‘train the trainer’ process to empower professionals and community leaders to deliver the programmes in their agencies and local areas.
For further details visit www.parentsplus.ie