Invitation for the Provision of Audit Services to Blakestown & Mountview Youth Initiative (BMYI)
Blakestown & Mountview Youth Initiative’s Board of Management wish to invite suitably qualified Accountants with a high level of knowledge and understanding of the Community and Voluntary sector for the purpose of developing Audited Accounts.
Who we are and what we do
BMYI currently employ 7 staff members and is governed by a voluntary Board of Management. BMYI is funded through the HSE, Blanchardstown Local Drug & Alcohol Task Force and TUSLA. BMYI is a referral based service that works with up to 60/70 young people and their families at any one time. We meet the needs of the young people through a 3 stranded holistic approach incorporating Youth Development, Educational Support and Family Support.
Blakestown & Mountview Youth Initiative is a community based project that provides a range of developmental, educational preventative programmes to empower young people and families to realise their full potential. The project is dedicated to the intensive support of young people (14 - 18 Years) and their families who may be at risk of or affected by drug and alcohol misuse.
Contract of Work to Auditors who will carry out the Annual Financial Audit to include:
- The Audit of the Director's (Trustees) Report and Financial Statements for and in accordance with current Company and Charity Law, Auditing Standards and SORP 2015.
- Preparation of the Independent Auditors report.
- The Auditors will be expected to present their Audit Report and Management Letter to the
- Board of Management and Directors at the Annual General Meeting.
- The Auditors will be expected to report to our Statutory Funders if required.
- The Auditors will be expected to make themselves available to the Manager, Staff and the Board of Management for advice and information from time to time.
- The Auditors must be familiar with and be able to give advice on the financial reporting requirements of the Charities Act 2009 and any other relevant accounting standards.
- The Auditors should be familiar with the Tax implications of trading as a registered charity and be able to give advice on the same.
- Act as Company Secretary
- Filing of B1, B10 and other CRO forms.
Administrative staff will provide the required daybooks.
BMYI would welcome comments from the Auditor in the following areas:
- A review of internal financial and governance control systems.
- Advice on reducing the risk to the Directors of fraud and/or financial incompetence.
Closing date for receipt of applications:
The deadline for receipt of completed proposals is 5:00pm on Wednesday the 27th of November 2019. Short listing may apply and applicants short listed will be contacted by the Chairperson. Interested parties should send 3 copies of their proposal to the Address below or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Blakestown and Mountview Youth Initiative
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Informal queries regarding the tender process should be made to the Chairperson via email at email@example.com