Centre for Cross Border Studies 20th Anniversary Conference - Dundalk, 20 Sept
You are invited to the 20th Anniversary Conference of the Centre for Cross Border Studies titled: The Good Friday / Belfast Agreement; reflecting on a 20-year journey of cross-border cooperation and plotting the path to a successful future.
This special annual conference, marking the Centre for Cross Border Studies' 20th Anniversary, will explore if the Belfast / Good Friday Agreement has fostered growth and improved relations within and between the islands. Looking to the future, the event will consider the path required to ensure that these islands and their citizens can step forward with confidence and integrity in challenging times.
Date: Friday 20 September
Venue: Crowne Plaza, Dundalk
The conference will be a one day event beginning at 8am, with Registration and Networking Breakfast followed by key note addresses and three panel discussions which consider the three strands of the Belfast / Good Friday Agreement.
- (Strand 3) GFA Institutions as a framework for Brexit and good relations between the jurisdictions
- (Strand 2) North South cooperation; past present and future landscape
- (Strand 1) Good relations in Northern Ireland; building confidence for the future?
The Conference will be followed by a Drinks Reception with the Cross Border Orchestra and the Launch of a Special Edition of the Journal of Cross Border Studies in Ireland. The evening will conclude with dinner with Fintan O'Toole as the guest speaker.
A DRAFT PROGRAMME is now available!!
- Martin Fraser, Secretary General, Department of the Taoiseach
- David Sterling, Head of the Northern Ireland Civil Service
- Susan McKay
- Dr Katy Hayward
- Professor Cathy Gormley-Heenan
- Matthew O'Toole
- Professor Duncan Morrow
Plus many others...