Campaign Launch: People’s Vaccine Alliance Ireland, 8 July
Campaign Launch: People’s Vaccine Alliance Ireland
Date: Thursday, July 8 2021
Time: 1 – 2 pm Irish Time
Sign Petition Here: https://peoplesvaccine.ie/#petition
The fairest and most effective way to end the COVID-19 pandemic is to ensure that everyone, everywhere has access to COVID-19 vaccines, tests and treatments. But pharmaceutical company monopolies could leave countries in the global south waiting until 2023 for widespread vaccination.
This event marks the launch of a national campaign by the People’s Vaccine Alliance Ireland—a coalition of Irish organisations, health practitioners, trade unions and activists who have come together to call on the Irish government to take a stand for fairness, equality and global health.
Join us to discuss the issues with Irish and international speakers campaigning for vaccine equity worldwide.
- Dr Michael Ryan, Executive Director, WHO Health Emergencies Programme
- Dr Ciara Conlan, Co Founder of Access to Medicines Ireland
- Mustaqeem De Gama, South African Permanent Mission to the World Trade Organisation in relatioin to the TRIPS waiver
- Majo Rivas, Paraguayan-Irish People’s Vaccine activist
- Senator Alice-Mary Higgins, Irish Independent Politician
- Isabel Simpson, Executive Director, Médecins Sans Frontières Ireland
- Winnie Byanyima, Executive Director, UNAIDS.