Applications Now Being Accepted for EU Just Transition Fund
APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN FOR €24M EU Just Transition Fund (EU JTF) LOCAL AND REGIONAL ECONOMIC STRATEGIES SUPPORT SCHEME
On behalf of the Department of the Environment, Climate and Communications and Eastern and Midland Regional Assembly, Pobal is now inviting applications for the EU JTF Local and Regional Economic Strategies Support Scheme.
The purpose of this funding is to support the implementation of bottom-up local and regional economic strategies to promote the generation of employment for former peat communities by investing in the modernisation and diversification of the local economy.
Eligible organisations for this scheme include Local Authorities within the EU JTF territory, local development companies (LDCs and LCDCs), Education Training Boards, educational institutions, public bodies, community and volunteer organisations, social enterprises, charities and not-for-profit organisations.
The Scheme will provide grant support to eligible organisations:
- Category 1: Projects that support implementation of Local Economic and Community Plans (LECPs): Applications can be submitted by the Local Authority (LA) or by other eligible organisations within each Local Authority area. Each project needs to align with the relevant Local Economic and Community Plan and meet with the objectives of the EU Just Transition Fund.
- Category 2: Projects that support implementation of Regional Enterprise Plans (REPs): Eligible organisations can submit applications for strategic flagship projects at a regional level, that are aligned with the relevant Regional Enterprise Plan and that meet the objectives of the EU Just Transition Fund.
Deadlines for applications:
- Category 1 ‘Ready to go LA-led’ LECP and Category 2 REP applications: 24 November 2023
- Category 1 LECP: Concept Papers: 17 November 2023 and Formal Applications: 23 January 2024.
This funding is open to organisations operating in the EU JTF Territory:
|Carrick-on-Suir and Thurles
|Athy and Clane-Maynooth
Grant amounts per project:
- Category 1: EU JTF (LECP Projects) - €200,000 to €1,000,000
- Category 2: EU JTF (REP Projects) - €1,000,000 to €5,000,000
Five application clinics will be held. The first will be held online on Friday, 20 October. Register for this event or find more information about the Fund at http://www.pobal.ie/programmes/eujtf-lecp-rep/ or contact: email@example.com / 01 5117222 .