European Year of Youth Micro Grant Scheme Opens for Applications
To celebrate European Year of Youth 2022, Léargas have opened the European Year of Youth Micro Grants Scheme to fund activities and events that support, celebrate, engage and listen to young people and that promote youth opportunities at a local, national and European level, in line with the objectives of the European Year of Youth.
Who can apply?
A youth organisation, school, club or other organised group or entity will need to be the named applicant for a grant. We welcome ideas from informal groups of young people or individuals working with young people; however, the financial responsibility and reporting obligation must remain within an organised group or entity.
What can be funded?
Any activity taking place within the Republic of Ireland before 31 December 2022 that support young people’s engagement with any of the priorities listed below.
This could be a conference, consultation, workshop, a music event, an art exhibition, a photo competition, a mini festival, thematic meetings, a combination of events and online campaigns, information session, and so on.
- Supporting young people from Ukraine. Projects that look at aiding integration. Projects or events that examine topics with young people such as democracy, solidarity or preventing disinformation.
- Supporting young people, especially young people with fewer opportunities, to acquire a better understanding of opportunities available to them
- Actively promoting the various opportunities available to young people at local, regional and European level
- Supporting young people’s personal, social, economic and professional development including through Youth Work
- Celebrating young people and renewing the positive perspectives for young people, with a particular focus on the negative effects the COVID-19 pandemic had on them
- Highlighting how the green and digital transitions and other Union policies offer opportunities for young people and for society at large
- Ensuring a youth perspective is brought into policy-making at all levels.
How much funding is available to applicants?
The grant you receive depends on the scale of your idea. You will indicate in your application the estimated cost of your project.
There are three bands:
- Small: €500-€1,5002.
- Medium: €1,501-€3,0003.
- Large: €3,001-€5,000
Deadlines for applications
- 15 June 2022
- 15 August 2022
- 15 September 2022
- 15 October 2022