Irish Youth Foundation Skills & Employability Fund 2021 Now Open
The Irish Youth Foundation, in partnership with a new corporate partner, is providing €100,000 to fund not for profit, voluntary and charitable organisations supporting young people experiencing disadvantage nationwide.
This fund is now open for applications and will close on Thursday, 16 December at 5pm.
This fund will offer grants to projects and programmes that support young people who are currently not in education, training or employment to successfully transition into skills based opportunities, mentorship opportunities, further learning opportunities and employment opportunities.
Awards of up to €5,000 and €10,000 will be available.
The fund will have a strong focus on, but is not limited to, those who do not want to return to formal education but are eager to join the work force, and are lacking the technical and personal skill set to gain meaningful employment.
The partnership will address the following key issues facing these young people:
- A lack of basic technical skills e.g. formal skills training
- A lack of relevant life skills e.g. CV preparation, interview technique, self esteem.
To be eligible the applying organisation must;
- Work with young people aged between 15-24 years old
- Be a registered not-for-profit or charitable organisation
- Have a bank account set up in the name of the organisation
- Be registered in the Republic of Ireland and active in Ireland for the past 12 months
- Have a child protection policy in place.
To learn more about this opportunity, please visit the Irish Youth Foundation website here.