The Arts Council Announces New Open Call
The Arts Council has announced an Open Call to the artists and arts organisations of Ireland to create collaborative ground breaking projects of ambition, impact and scale that encourage discourse, provocation or response to place and identity as part of contemporary Ireland.
Arts focus: Architecture, Arts participation, Circus, Dance, Festivals, Film, Literature, Local arts, Music, Opera, Street arts, Theatre, Traditional arts, Venues, Visual arts, YPCE.
The purpose of the award is to support projects which:
- Are brave in the pursuit of creative risk taking and seek to develop the ambition of the artist
- Encourage discourse, provocation or response to place and identity as part of contemporary Ireland.
- Evidence collaborative practices between artforms and artform practice areas (cross artform)
- Demonstrate the pursuit of /open up opportunities for making work/collaborating in new territories of arts practice.
- Extend the reach and impact of a project, with a fresh and dynamic approach to public engagement. In this context, pubic engagement may refer to participants and/or audiences
- Establishes and evidences effect project partnerships, which may include high profile international dimensions and collaborators in terms of public visibility and resource-based partnerships
The Open Call application process will take place in three phases:
- Phase 1: Expression of Interest — Project proposals will be assessed by the Arts Council executive and a shortlist of candidate projects will be drawn up and invited to submit further information for phase 2.
- Phase 2: Detailed Project proposal — those whose proposals have been shortlisted will be invited to submit more details of what they propose for an International Jury. A reduced final shortlist will be selected by the International Jury for interview for phase 3
- Phase 3: Presentation and Interview — Those candidates selected will be asked to attend an interview and make a presentation for the International Jury. (The jury will remain the same for phases 2 & 3).
Find Out More
The application deadline is 25 July 2019. Full details available here.