Relationships in Practice: ABLE Training (Fully Funded)
Training Dates: 30th January, 6th & 13th February 2024
Time: This is a 3-Day training schedule, with each running from 9.30am-4.30pm
Location: Northridge House, Blackrock, Cork T12 H970
Course Fee: This is a fully funded course (Funded by Relationships in Practice)
Relationships in Practice “3 Day ABLE” training dates for 2024 are now open for booking!
Join us to develop your understanding of how the relationships you build in your daily routine practice will impact positively on health & wellbeing outcomes for your patients and service users/clients. Using our ABLE brief intervention model (Adopt a relational approach, Build, Listen & Empower), you will also learn how to manage your time and boundaries for your own wellbeing.
Our series of evidence-informed, CPD-approved ABLE courses run over three days and are open to any frontline practitioner working in healthcare, social care, education or in community or voluntary roles (16.5 CPD Hours).
This “In Person” 3 Day ABLE training course will take place on the 30th January, 6th & 13th February in Northridge House, Blackrock, Cork
This is a fully funded course by Relationships in Practice. Please contact Robyn at email@example.com for booking form or more information.
Spaces are limited on each course, so please book early to avoid disappointment.
We ask that participants only book a space if they can commit to ALL training dates outlined in a course, as all days are compulsory for certification and overall learning experience for you and fellow participants.
More Information on the ABLE model:
We know that most practitioners want to help and support their clients, and that they recognise the quality of their relationships with their clients as a key component of improved health and wellbeing outcomes.
However, the reality is that time pressures, uncertainty around boundaries, outcome expectations and the validity of spending time offering clients space to share their worries or concerns can limit one’s ability to respond appropriately.
This is where our ABLE training can help. ABLE (Adopt a relational approach, Build, Listen and Empower) is specifically designed to provide you with the knowledge, understanding and the skills via a brief intervention model to support practitioners to adopt a relational approach .
CPD-approved and evidence-based ABLE helps you to:
- Become a more reflective practitioner and be more relationship-centred
- Manage time better and be clear about the boundaries of your role and competence
- Listen reflectively without feeling overwhelmed or needing to “fix it”, adopting a narrative of hope
- Be proactive, build rapport, and establish trust with clients
- Empathise and respond in a sensitive way to clients, while attending to your own wellbeing
- Understand that the quality of relationships is a key social determinant of health and well being
- Recognise relationships as both protective and risk factors in improving outcomes for clients
- Empower clients to make their own decisions, building their capability and resilience