Open Call for Artists - Artitude
The Playhouse are looking to hear from artists of all disciplines who have a strong interest in and who place climate justice and the circular economy at the heart of their practice. We would like to hear from visual artists, performers, storytellers, musicians, creative writers, photographers, etc.
There will be different opportunities available over the next 12 months as part of Artitude: Climate, Culture & Circularity, an exciting new partnership project that uses the arts and creative practice to encourage behaviour change and challenge attitudes to waste, consumption and climate action in the Northwest.
- Community Engagement: structured programmes of socially-engaged workshops with various different community groups, leading to a collaborative creative outcome. Subject to Access NI checks
- Skill-based workshops: one off workshops that introduce groups to zero-waste/climate based arts practice
- Talks/Events: opportunities to introduce climate/circular-economy based practice to a wider audience
- Showcasing: opportunities to exhibit or perform work made about climate action and/or the circular economy during an upcoming Climate Arts Festival.
Artists are invited to submit their CV and 6 images or extracts of work, along with a letter no more than 2 sides of A4 paper, showing the following under sub sections with headings:
- Main artform/s
- How your work/practice adheres to the principles of zero waste/circular economy OR how your work contributes to awareness of and action on the climate crisis OR how your work connects to awareness of the rights of nature and rebuilding connections to the environment
- Examples and images or extracts of work showing recent experience in the delivery of art workshops with community groups - if you are interested in this opportunity
- Examples of innovative approaches to creative participation and engagement; demonstrating a flexibility in approach to delivery methods regarding different groups - if you are interested in this opportunity.
Artists are also asked to provide the following:
- Email address
- Contact telephone number
- Name, address, email and telephone no. of 2 references.
Please submit your expressions of interest electronically to: email@example.com
Deadline for expressions of interest: Friday 14 October September 2022.