Online Parenting courses open to the public from April
Supporting families Online and by Phone - April 2021
With the advent of the COVID-19 crisis, face to face support of families has reduced, yet many families remain in need of support and are under additional stress due to the crisis. Parents Plus are supporting professionals and services to provide support remotely to families online and by telephone.
In this online training we explain the principles of effective remote working using the Parents Plus Programmes and provide participants with the tools that can work in their agencies.
Delivered by Professor John Sharry and Dr. Eileen Brosnan, topics covered include:
- Choosing the best mode of remote support (phone, Zoom, MS Teams, Skype, Google Hangouts, other)
- Remotely delivering strengths-based support to families
- Confidentiality and data protection considerations
- Structuring individual and group sessions
- Addressing core topics such as self-care for parents, conflict management
- Supporting family mental health.
For more information or to sign up visit here