Facilitation Skills Course QQI Group Work Theory and Practice 6N3669 Level 6 starting April 21
Please note that this course will be conducted via Zoom. This gives you, the learner the opportunity to interact with the tutor and with your colleagues on the course. Should you need assistance in using Zoom a one-to-one tutorial is available prior to the course commencing.
The primary objective of this programme is to enable you to understand group work, both theory and practice.
This is done in two main ways:
- practical skills – how to facilitate groups.
- based on a bedrock of theory and proven best practice
Tools & Techniques of facilitation to include...
- What is facilitation?
- The principles, concepts, and practical skills of group work
- Selecting the appropriate facilitation methods
- To evaluate, recognise and put in to practice the theory of group work.
- To organise, plan, execute and lead group sessions. Then inform members of the outcomes of the group session.
- To facilitate and co-facilitate a group.
- To understand the life cycle of groups, group dynamics, the role people play in groups,
- To analyse the role that power, conflict and lack of participation has on a group.
- Group facilitation & problem solving
- Learn the key processes in managing a group decision making process to get the best possible outcomes.
- Recognise and manage individual / group conflict in a proactive manner.
- To define the group parameters including your own boundaries & parameters
Sat 10th Apr 2021 9.30 am - 1.00 pm
Sun 11th Apr 9.30 am – 1.00 pm
Sat 17th Apr 9.30 am – 1.00 pm
Sun 18th Apr 9.30 am – 1.00 pm
Sat 24th Apr 9.30 am – 1.00 pm
Sun 25th Apr 9.30 am – 1.00 pm
Sun 09th May 9.30 am – 1.00 pm
Sat 15th May 9.30 am – 1.00 pm
Sun 16th May 9.30 am – 1.00 pm
Sat 22nd May 9.30 am – 1.00 pm
Sat 23rd May 9.30 am – 1.00 pm
All assignments can be modified to run with Zoom
Facilitation Skills outline | Total Focus for more details