Community Response Board of Management - Seeking a Member
General Committee Member
Community Response Ltd is a primary alcohol service and liver health care service in the Liberties area of Dublin. We provide services in a community based area for those affected by alcohol misuse and abuse. We also provide information and medical referrals for those affected by Hepatitis C, and other liver problems. A family support service is also on offer for family members of our clients. Community Response has been operating since 1990, but began operating as an innovative primary alcohol service in 2013. It has also developed significant services , peer led, for people living with Hepatitis C, and acts as a prominent advocacy service for this group in conjunction with the Hepatitis C Partnership. Its is a limited commited company and registered charity. For more information on its activities please go to www.communityresponse.ie
The organisation is going through a very exciting time with a new strategic plan launched, and organisational growth on the horizon and expansion of remit .The currents members are looking for a candidate with a genuine interest in public health, and the NGO sector. Membership means good participation, and participation is very rewarding.
The committee are especially seeking a candidate from a HR, Strategic Planning or Organisational development . Alternatively a strong background in team management,strategic development and policy around would also be useful. Primarily an interest in people and the project is paramount.
The Management Committee takes on the ultimate legal and financial responsibility for all the activities of the organisation. They maintain an overview of policy and strategic direction rather than being involved in the day-to-day operations. The role of the each member of the Committee is summarised below:
Vision and Leadership:
● To be committed to the vision, mission and values of the organisation,
● To provide strategic direction, including agreeing and monitoring strategic plans
● To keep informed of the activities of the organisation and the wider issues of its work
● To ensure the work of the organisation is monitored and evaluated
Accountability and Legal Responsibilities
● To ensure the organisation complies with its governing document (i.e. constitution or memorandum and articles of association).
● To ensure the organisation keeps to the law, including charity and company law.
● To ensure the organisation makes efficient use of resources, in particular that all monies are applied to its objects, agreed plans and budgets.
● To ensure that risks to the organisation, staff volunteers and service users are at an acceptable level and are managed.
● To be accountable to membership, funders and other stakeholders.
Financial and Staff Management
● To understand the financial position of the organisation.
● To ensure the organisation operates within its agreed accounting policies.
● To ensure adequate financial resources for the organisation.
● To contribute to fundraising strategies.
● To ensure the organisation is properly insured against all reasonable liabilities.
● To ensure the organisation is a responsible employer and adheres to legislation.
● To effectively support and manage the senior officer.
Qualities and Skills of Management Committee Members
● Good leadership skills.
● Understanding of and commitment to the organisation mission and values.
● Good communication and interpersonal skills.
● Impartiality and fairness.
● Ability to respect confidences.
● Good time-keeping.
Time Commitment Required:
This role requires an estimated commitment of two-three hours per month.,eight meetings per annum, we suggest a minimum two year commitment.