Barnardos Webinar: Making the Most of Supervision (A 3 day course for Supervisors)
The aim of this course is to generate a positive relationship between supervisor and supervisee focusing on quality practice and, through this, to inspire and motivate staff in their work. This 3 day course is suitable for anyone working with children and adults in a supervisory role within social care, health care or in early years settings. On completion of training, participants will be able to identify key features;
- functions and benefits of supervision
- use and review a supervision contract
- apply the Kolb Cycle and feedback in supervision
- identify the impact of power, authority and heightened emotions (anxiety) on the supervision process
- identify the impact of organisational culture on supervision
- apply skills to address issues of blocked performance
Cost includes Tony Morrison's 'Staff Supervision in Social Care Manual'.
Dates: The training is held over 3 days on Wed 12th and Thurs 13th May and Tues 22nd June 2021.
Time: 10.00am to 5.00pm