Barnardos Designated Liaison Person Training - Cork
The aim of this course is to equip participants with the knowledge and skills that are necessary to carry out the role of Designated Liaision Person (DLP) effectively and with competence. This training is suitable for newly appointed and established DLPs who have completed Children First, Child Protection Training.
After taking part in this training, participants will be able to;
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of abuse
- Explain the role of the DLP in supporting staff and managing child protection situations
- Demonstrate how to speak with parents effectively when child protection concerns arise
- Describe best practice when dealing with allegations of abuse against staff members
- Identify best practice in relation to child protection recording and reporting
Participants who complete the training will receive an Attendance Certificate.
Date: 23rd May 2019
Time: 9.30am to 5.00pm
Venue: Vienna Woods Hotel, Glanmire, Cork
Online booking open on www.barnardos.ie