Barnardos Children First Child Protection Training - Dublin
The aim of this course is to equip those who work with children with the skills and knowledge that are necessary to deal with child protection issues in line with the Children First National Guidance for Protection and Welfare of Children (2017).
After completing this training, participants will be able to:
- Recognise their legal responsibilities in relation to Child Protection
- Explain the definitions of abuse
- Identify the signs and indicators of abuse and neglect
- Describe how to respond to a disclosure
- Prepare a Child Protection and Welfare Report Form
All participants will receive a copy of Barnardos publication 'Protecting Children, a Child Protection Guide for Early Years and School Age Childcare Services (3nd edition)'. Participants who complete the training will receive an Attendance Certificate.
Date 8 March 2019
Time: 10 am to 4.30pm
Venue: The Wisdom Centre, Sophia Housing, 25 Cork Street, Dublin 8