GoFundMe and PayPal Giving Fund Ireland Launch New Partnership
PayPal Giving Fund Ireland (PPGF), a registered charity with the Charities Regulator (No. 20205692), is pleased to announce a new partnership with GoFundMe.
GoFundMe is a crowdfunding platform that makes it easy to raise money online for the things that matter to you most. Anyone can start a fundraiser for themselves, for a friend or a charity they care about. Since its launch in 2010, there have been more than 150 million donations benefitting over 110,000 charities globally.
In GoFundMe’s 2020 Giving Report, Ireland was identified as the most generous nation with 40% of donors donating twice. Galway came out on top as the most charitable county followed by Dublin, Limerick, Cork and Waterford. Owing to the pandemic, 21 April 2020 saw an incredible peak of 25,000 donations. This makes the partnership with GoFundMe a perfect match for PPGF whose mission is to inspire a new wave of philanthropy and make giving a part of everyday life.
How does PPGF work?
- Donors can support fundraisers through PPGF’s technology partners such as GoFundMe.
- PPGF receives the donations and provides receipts to donors.
- The PPGF donation tracker, the first of its kind, allows donors to track their individual donations.
- Funds are granted directly from PPGF to benefitting charities, either by cheque or into their PayPal account.
- Charities enrolled with PPGF receive their funds securely and have the ability to track their payments through a dashboard.
How does GoFundMe work?
- Supporters choose a charity from a list of registered charities made available by PPGF.
- A fundraiser can be easily setup and shared with family and friends to raise awareness.
With this new partnership, PayPal Giving Fund Ireland and GoFundMe are well positioned to make things easy for charities to ensure that they continue to receive funds for the essential causes they support.
To find out more about enrolling with PayPal Giving Fund, visit their website.
Follow them on LinkedIn for the latest updates.
To find out more about GoFundMe visit their website.