Applications for Equality Fund 2020 – 2023 Now Being Accepted
From the Rethink Ireland newsdesk...
At Rethink Ireland, we know that Ireland is not an equal place for everyone who lives here. Our research conducted in 2019 shows that marginalised communities have less access to fundamental rights such as education, health and employment. We are committed to partnering with civil society organisations to challenge these inequalities and to create a country where everyone can feel accepted and thrive.
This is why we created the Equality Fund 2020 – 2023. This €3 million Fund is supported by the Peter Kinney and Lisa Sandquist Foundation and the Government of Ireland. This Fund will support organisations and groups that empower marginalised communities and tackle systemic inequality.
This Fund has three strands.
- Empowering Women: This strand supports projects to empower more women from minority communities into employment. This strand will also fund projects which support women who are employed on an informal basis, in low paying jobs, or who find it difficult to assert their rights.
- Strengthening Communities: This strand supports projects which empower communities to advocate for themselves. They will strengthen equality in Ireland through community work and collective action.
- Building Equality Together: This strand supports projects or networks to work together to enhance equality. We seek applications from two or more organisations who have come together to promote equality. This includes existing networks and collaborations.
Note: You cannot apply for both strands 1 and 2 for the same project. If you apply to strand 1 or 2, you can still apply to strand 3. This is because you will apply to strand 3 as part of a group or network of projects.
We invite applications from organisations that support marginalised women, migrant people (including people in need of international protection), people from minority ethnic communities, the Traveller and Roma communities, people with disabilities and LGBTI+ people. These organisations will also work to strengthen equality in Ireland.
The Fund will especially focus on projects that:
- Address poverty inequality
- Work with communities experiencing many discriminations and stigma
- Work with marginalised communities affected by COVID-19
- Are based on communities speaking and acting for themselves.
What does the Fund provide?
- Cash grants of between €55,000 and €75,000 each year for three years*
- Strand 1 (Empowering Women) – Up to €65,000 per year each year for 3 years
- Strand 2 (Strengthening Communities) – Up to €55,000 per year each year for 3 years
- Strand 3 (Building Equality Together) – Up to €75,000 per year each year for 3 years
- A strategic supports package to help organisations expand and deepen their impact
- A place on Rethink Ireland’s Accelerator Programme
- Project performance and impact management, including managing its impact
- Access to Rethink Ireland ’s networks of civil society, Government and donors
* The Rethink Ireland Board will decide how much money to award, which may be less than the amount requested. The amount of the award will depend on how many organisations are selected.
Full guidelines and application details are available via the link below.
Deadline for applications: 14 September 2020 @ 5pm.
You are invited to a series of webinars on Applying to Rethink Ireland’s Equality Fund.
About the information webinars
Rethink Ireland would be delighted if you would attend one of the information seminars. At each seminar the focus will be to:
- Provide information about the fund
- Provide information about the fund criteria
- Explain to you how to apply
- Answer any questions you have about the process.
Tickets still available for the following dates:
- 27 August at 11 am
- 3 September at 11 am
Please book a place to attend a webinar as soon as possible through this Eventbrite Link