Publications and Research Reports from The Wheel
The Wheel publishes a range of electronic and hard copy publications, newsletters, bulletins and directories that offer regular, relevant, up to date information on news and developments within the community and voluntary sector.
- Good Practice Guides
- Be The Change - the magazine for the sector
- Research Reports
- Fact Sheets - on running training events, managing risk, and more...
- Policy Position Paper
- Directory of Independent Contractors
Knowing and Showing Your Outcomes and Impacts
The Wheel developed this new good practice guide to help community and voluntary organisations to cultivate an outcomes-focused and impact-led approach to their work.
Solid Foundations Good Practice Guide
Getting to Grips With Governance Guide
Whatever the governing board of a community / voluntary / charitable organisation is called, it plays a significant part in the success of the organisation. Membership of boards is not to be taken on without an understanding of what is involved.
Reducing the Risk Good Practice Guide
Life is risky and community/voluntary/charitable organisations are not immune from risk. Risk can't be avoided, but can be anticipated and therefore planned for. By properly managing risk, the organisation can fulfil its potential and the negative effects of hazards can be reduced. If you've not already done so, now is the time to put in place risk management strategies that suit your organisation's needs.
Workplaces that Work
Workplaces that Work is a good practice resource guide for managing human resources (HR) in a community/voluntary or charitable organisation. By continuously striving for best practice and complying with rapidly changing employment law, your organisation can have a workplace that truly works, in every sense of the word. Implementing the guidance in this publication is one tangible step towards achieving this.
Back Issue of Le Chéile Magazine
Previous issues of Le Chéile Magazine
Winter 2009 | PDF 1.22MB
Autumn 2009 | PDF 1.99MB
- Weekly Digest - sign up for news, jobs, resources, notices, questions and answers. Delivered free to your inbox weekly.
- Fundingpoint Newsletter - a monthly digest of fundraising related articles and upcoming deadlines for members of Fundingpoint.
- Oireachtas Brief - a digest of debates in the Oireachtas dealing with social justice.
- A Portrait Of Ireland's Nonprofit SectorNonprofit organisations play a crucial role in Ireland’s social and economic life. Yet, for all their significance in providing essential services and supporting communities, we know relatively little about the day to day challenges faced by these organisations. This report is the first in a series that The Wheel will publish over the coming months for the purpose of informing policy makers, academics, funders, nonprofit organisations and all interested stakeholders, including the public and the media, of the needs of the Irish community and voluntary sector. Find out more / Download report here.
How Charities Are Coping With The Recession
Pay and Benefits Survey
Training Solutions for the Community and Voluntary Sector in Ireland
Training Solutions: An International Perspective On Training Provision For The Community and Voluntary Sector
Sector Skills: A Celebration of Success
Sector Skills Executive Overview
Insurance & The Third Sector
Governance in Practice
- The Charities Act 2009 and all you need to know about it. (pdf, 144KB)
- Charities Act - colourful version (pdf, 1.4MB)
- Running a training event? Try this really useful self evaluation tool (pdf, 317KB)
- Template for managing risk in your organisation(pdf, 90KB)
- e-Letterhead requirements explained (pdf, 108KB)
- Guidelines on Reserves Policy (pdf, 150KB)