Speakers confirmed for Special Needs Programme Seminar, 27 June
Parents Plus charity is delighted to announce the speakers for the Parents Plus Special Needs (PPSN) Practice Seminar on Monday, 27 June 11a.m. - 12.30p.m.
Sign up to hear about how practitioners have successfully delivered the programme in a variety of settings, with a wide range of disabilities and age ranges, as well as the current research and feedback from parents attending the groups.
Speakers and presentations include:
- Parent empowerment and the Parents Plus Special Needs Programme (PPSN), Prof John Sharry Parents Plus.
- Rolling out the PPSN with follow up groups - The Scottish Experience. Sylvia Todman, Health and Wellbeing Practitioner, Thistle Young Persons Team.
- How the PPSN works within a HSE disability setting and aligns with PDS principles - Eileen Crowley, Senior Occupational Therapist, Limerick.
- Supporting parents in a school for children with mild Intellectual Disability - Suzanne Anglim and Emma Earley, Resource Teachers, Scoil Chiarain.
- Delivering the PPSN with families with younger children with Intellectual Disabilities - Catherine McConnell, Therapeutic Social Work Senior Practitioner, Children’s Learning Disability Therapeutic Service, Northern Health and Social Care Trust
- What is working for the parents: Feedback from recent evaluation - Lesley Lally, Research Psychologist, Parents Plus
We will also share details on the Rethink Sponsorship which allows you to apply for fully funded training in PPSN and programme materials.
For more details and to sign up for this free seminar please click here