Applications Invited to Join Transport Users Advisory Group (TUAG)
The National Transport Authority (NTA) is establishing a Transport Users Advisory Group. It invites applications from suitably qualified people who can bring a wide range of knowledge and experience to the group. The candidates of this Advisory Group will include regular users of public transport including train, tram, bus, coach and taxi services.
They can provide a valuable insight into how they interact with the various types of public transport. It will also include people who are engaged in active travel including cyclists and pedestrians.
These are not paid positions but travel and expenses will be paid at the appropriate civil service rate.
Purpose of the Transport Users Advisory Group
The purpose of the Transport Users Advisory Group is to provide advice and recommendations to the NTA from the perspective of both transport users as well as those engaged in active travel. The Advisory Group will provide the NTA with viewpoints that can feed into future policies and programmes that are implemented. An independent Facilitator will be appointed to run the meetings of the Advisory Group.
Membership of the Group
Fifteen (15) places are available on the Transport Users Advisory Group and candidates will be from the following areas:
- Four people representing the various modes of public transport nationwide
- A person who is part of a group who represents the interests of cyclists
- A person who is part of a group who represent the interests of pedestrians
- Three people from organisations representing the interests of persons with disabilities
- A person from an organisation representing the interests of older persons
- A person who represents the interests of business
- A person who represents the interests of tourism
- A person who represents the interests of students
- A person, who is a regular user of Small Public Service Vehicles (taxis, hackneys, limousines)
- A person, who has an expertise in matters relating to Local Link.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the Transport Users Advisory Group. Applications shall include a cover letter outlining why you wish to take part in this Advisory Group and an accompanying CV.
Candidates will be chosen following a selection process conducted by the NTA. A two year term is proposed for members of this group. Meetings will be held remotely until further notice.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 5.00pm on Friday, 17 December 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org