Statement of Strategy (2021-2023) - Call for submissions
The Department of Rural and Community Development is currently preparing a new Statement of Strategy to cover the period 2021-2023.
This important document will set out the strategic vision of the Department as we look to build upon the progress made since our establishment in 2017. It will set out our high-level goals and objectives as well as the strategies and actions to be progressed to achieve our mission, which is, as identified in our current Statement of Strategy; To promote rural and community development, and support vibrant, inclusive and sustainable communities throughout Ireland.
It will also provide information on how we will monitor progress in achieving our goals by identifying measurable outputs, outcomes and performance indicators.
The Department is pleased to invite interested parties to submit your views on the continuation of this mission over the coming years, particularly in respect of the following areas:
- Our ability to deliver programmes and policy interventions efficiently and effectively for rural Ireland and communities
- Ways in which our existing supports and funding can be directed to best support communities, particularly in respect of the emerging challenges of Brexit, Climate Action and COVID-19
- How we engage with our partners, stakeholders and the general public
- New policy and/or programme opportunities for the Department to consider as part of the 2021-2023 Strategy
- Developing the ways in which the Department measures the performance of our supports and programmes.
Submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Statement of Strategy 2021-2023 ” in the subject line.
The closing date for receipt of submissions is close of business, Monday 19 October 2020.