Develop Best Practice for the Charity and Volunteer Sector
Ensure your charity or volunteer sector organisation is up-to-date with best practice and latest guidance with the Certificate in Charity Law, Trusteeship and Governance, which begins 22 March 2019.
This course is a collaboration between the Law Society of Ireland and The Wheel. The course aims to provide practitioners and those working and volunteering in the charity, community and voluntary sector with an overview of the law and best practice in the relevant areas. We invite individuals involved with the volunteer and charity sector to apply. Our blended learning approach and the use of online forum ensures that attendees can learn both from lecturers and from the knowledge sharing and peer-to-peer aspect that is encouraged in interactive sessions.
Topics covered include:
- Regulation of charities and the Charities Act 2009
- The legal framework & legal structures for charities
- Regulation of & best practice for fundraising
- Statement of Recommended Practice SORP
- Charities Regulator’s Charities Governance Code
- Risk assessments and managing risk
- Management, Human resource and volunteer policies
- Data protection issues and employment law
- Procurement and tendering