Restart Grant Plus Now Accepting Applications
Applications for the Restart Grant Plus are now open. The Restart Grant Plus scheme gives grants to businesses to help them reopen their premises and get back to work.
The Restart Grant Plus Scheme was part of the Government's July Stimulus package, a €7.4bn package of measures.
Grants of between €4,000 up to a maximum of €25,000 are available. To qualify for the scheme, enterprises must have:
- 250 employees or less;
- Turnover of less than €100,000 per employee; and
- Reduced turnover by 25% as a result of COVID-19.
Those that accessed funding through the previous round of the scheme are eligible to apply for a second top-up payment to a total combined value of the revised maximum grant level.
What about Charity Organisations?
Charity shops with a trading income, and operating from rateable premises, can apply for a grant which will be the amount of the rates assessment for the premises for 2019 subject to a minimum grant of €4,000 and a maximum grant of €25,000. However, non-trading community and voluntary organisations are not eligible.
How to apply
The deadline for applications is 30 September 2020.
Details about the Restart Grant Plus
- The grant will be based on the amount of the rates assessment for the premises for 2019 (excluding arrears) with a new minimum grant of €4,000 and a maximum grant of €25,000 (Increased from €2,000 min and €10,000 max).
- Eligible firms now include medium-sized firms and independent hotels with up to 250 employees, as well as small firms (increased from 50 employees).
- Businesses impacted by a 25% reduction in turnover will be eligible provided they commit to reopening and to hiring and sustaining employment.
- A turnover of up to €25m is now allowable, increased from €5m. There is a cap of €100,000 turnover per employee.
- Commercial sports businesses and trading charity shops in rated premises can now apply for the grant.
- The hospitality sector, restaurants, pubs, activity centres and tourist attractions, for example, galleries, museums, are eligible if they are operating from a rated premise.
- B&Bs in non-rated premises will be eligible to apply for the minimum €4,000 grant from Fáilte Ireland.
- A franchisee which is a financially independent company and is completely separate to the franchisor is eligible to apply.
- Small company chains can apply if they meet the criteria of <250 employees and €25m turnover in totality across the company and all the branches.
- Multinationals are not eligible. Small Irish based subsidiaries with overseas parent companies are not eligible.
- Large chains that are part of a large group company, that is, one legal entity with a number of branches, such as fast food, group and multiple supermarkets, group hotels, group betting shops and group pharmacies are not eligible.
Further details are available in the Restart Grant Plus FAQs.
For more COVID-19 business supports visit dbei.gov.ie/coronavirus.