The Wheel is Hiring a European Programmes Officer (x2)
The Wheel is currently recruiting for two European Programmes Officers for the purpose of supporting the delivery of European Programme activities within The Wheel.
The Wheel’s European Programme aims to increase’ civil society’s (defined as including NGOs, community-based organisations, trade unions, professional associations, social movements and networks, media, academia as well as city and county councils and regional assemblies.) engagement with, and access to, European funding and promote active European citizenship in Irish communities. We are recruiting two full-time European Programme Officers to support programme delivery. These new roles will require a high level of self-motivation, an ability to build relationships and an enthusiasm to meet targets.
Main responsibilities and duties:
- Support the delivery of European Programme activities within The Wheel, aiming to increase sector organisations’ understanding of opportunities available and specifically support building their capacity to secure EU funding.
- Research and identify EU programmes suited to Irish voluntary and charitable organisations
- Support organisations to identify EU project partners for national and transnational project roll-out.
- Contribute to the coordination of a programme of training & events that will inform and support organisations on EU funding
- Create and disseminate effective online resources that support the work/programme engagement
- Track and measure progress against targets and report on this for sponsors and management as required.
Full job details (for both roles), and application forms, are available via the button below.