Carmichael and TU Dublin launch new Certified Charity Trustee Programme
The newly launched Level 6 Certified Charity Trustee Programme aims to provide learners with a broad understanding of the governance framework guiding organisations and an understanding and appreciation of the organisational behaviours within an organisation. The course has been designed specifically for the voluntary board members of charities in Ireland, and will allow learners to be informed and confident in their roles.
This predominantly online 1 year part time programme has been designed in partnership with Carmichael and TU Dublin. The aim of this programme is to provide participants with an opportunity to deepen their understanding of their roles and obligations. Since 2021, Charities have been required to report on their compliance with the Charities Governance Code which is designed to help charity trustees meet their legal duties under the Charities Act 2009. With over 11,000 registered charities in Ireland this programme will assist organisations and their trustees to effectively fulfil their roles within an organisation in line with regulatory framework and to be professionally competent within the team to do so.
The programme will run for 2 semesters, from September 2023 – June 2024. The fee for the programme is €1250.
Register for a free information webinar on the course by scanning the QR code here.
- Governance & Legal Compliance Responsibilities: The module focuses on the legal and accounting framework as it applies to organisations. The module will draw on the Law, Accounting and Governance that is required to fulfil their duties and responsibilities effectively in compliance with the regulations.
- Charities Act
- Charities Governance Code
- Trustee Governance
- Companies Act 2014
- Financial Governance
- Risk Management
- Data Protection
- Cyber Security
- Organisational Behaviour & Dynamics: This module focuses on the behaviour of individuals and groups in organisations including not-for-profit organisations. It will provide learners with an understanding and appreciation of this behaviour and an awareness of how it contributes to the success of the organisation. The module will draw on concepts and theories from the field of organisational behaviour, management and the not-for-profit environment to gain further understanding of different organisational behaviours and to improve learners’ self-confidence and potential governance effectiveness. Learners will engage in self-reflection regarding their use of individual and organisational actions.
- The Nature of Organisational Behaviour
- Individual Behaviour
- Communication & Decision-making in the Workplace
- Working in Group & Teams
- Leadership in Organisations
- Organisational Power and Politics
- Organisational Conflict
- Organisational Culture
- Organisational Change.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.