r there grants available for sinking a new well and installing a water pump if so where can i get info


paul.meade's picture

Mike,First of all, I am not


First of all, I am not aware of any specific grants that are specifically geared towards the sinking of a new well. That does not mean that you could not secure a suitable grant (one which would have a broader remit than just funding the sinking of wells), depending on the parameters of your project. For example, who in the community will benefit from the well - is it part of a community facility? Is it located on a school grounds? If the answer to these questions is yes, you may well be able to access a suitable funding stream, depending on your location and organisational circumstances. If however your well is purely for a private premises, you may have difficulty in obtaining any public funds for the well.

As I do not know any of the specifics of your project, I would ask you to either supply more information below or, contact your local council (you could try their housing department, or the community / environment departments) for further advice on possible funding available.