Charity Trustees' Week 2020 Launched
Today the Charities Regulator launches Charity Trustees’ Week 2020 (16-20 November). The week is a great big THANK YOU to charity trustees across Ireland for the important and tireless work they carry out throughout the year.
The steering committee for Charity Trustees’ Week is made up of eight organisations: Charities Regulator, The Wheel, Boardmatch Ireland, Carmichael, Volunteer Ireland, Charities Institute Ireland, Pobal and Dóchas and together we have made the decision to move all of our events online for this year’s program. Going virtual will allow charity trustees to take part from the comfort of their home or office.
Each day will kick off with a virtual coffee morning so charity trustees can check in with colleagues from the sector for a chat before the day’s webinars and events begin. We’ve worked hard to ensure there are very few conflicting events so charity trustees can choose from a variety of events listed on the Charity Trustees’ Week website. Keep an eye on our social media using the hashtag #TrusteesWeekIrl as we’ll be posting regular updates.
The aims of the Charity Trustees Week are to:
- Celebrate and thank trustees for the key role which they play in the governance and leadership of Ireland’s charities;
- Highlight the importance of good governance of boards, promote the need for a thorough knowledge of trustees’ roles and responsibilities, education and upskilling of trustees;
- Highlight the need for new trustees to come forward and highlight the means by which new trustees can be connected with charities that need trustees;
- Create a greater understanding and awareness among the public of the role of trustees.
To celebrate Charities Trustee Week The Wheel will be hosting three FREE events (register now to avoid disappointment):
- GOVERNING A SMALL CHARITY THROUGH THE COVID-19 CRISIS (16 November, 10am-11am)
- HOW TO DIVERSIFY YOUR BOARD (18 November, 10am-11am)
- THE KEYS TO EXCELLENCE: IN CONVERSATION WITH THE WINNERS & FINALISTS OF THE CHARITY TRUSTEE OF THE YEAR AWARD (20 November, 10am-11am)