Team Member - An Cuan
Team Member - An Cuan
The Team Member is a dynamic and varied role. Successful candidates will work primarily in ACROSS but also in the SRS from time to time.
An Cuan is a regional support service for people with mild/moderate intellectual disability that present with behaviours that challenge. This service assists individuals and their circle of support to enhance their quality of life through the implementation of an effective person centred plan, positive behaviour support plan, and through the provision of interdisciplinary recommendations. As part of this process, we provide training and education on a variety of related topics to staff and families in order to ensure that the person is supported as effectively as possible. We wish to ensure that wherever possible, that the person remain within their own communities supported in the most effective manner possible.
An Cuan consists of both a Regional Outreach Support Service (ACROSS), where the majority of our work takes place and a Short Term Residential Service (SRS), where temporary intensive supports are provided to an individual before they return to their own community.
The Team Member is a dynamic and varied role. Successful candidates will work primarily in ACROSS but also in the SRS from time to time. They shall also be involved in the delivery of training and education to staff and family members across counties Cork and Kerry.
Applicants for these roles must possess the following:
- A relevant third level qualification in Nursing (and be on the live register of the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland) or Social Care/Social Studies or a relevant QQI Major award or equivalent, if applicable.
- Experience of working with people with intellectual disability and/or autism and challenging behaviour
- Experience of working in an interdisciplinary team environment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good team worker.
- Be highly motivated and flexible in your approach to work.
- Computer literate.
A qualification in Behaviour Therapy/Applied Behaviour Analysis/Positive Behavioural Support/Cognitive Behaviour Therapy would be an advantage.