Job Title: Fundraising Director
WORLD VISION IRELAND was established as a registered Irish charity in 1983 and currently has 18 staff located in Dublin. World Vision Ireland’s primary objective is to support our field operations, both in terms of our core long-term development programmes and humanitarian & emergency relief. We do this by raising private, institutional and Governmental funds, by informing the Irish public about humanitarian issues as witnessed first-hand by World Vision in the field, and by influencing Irish Governmental policy in the areas of long-term development and emergency relief. World Vision Ireland is a member of the World Vision International partnership, which is both the largest emergency relief and Child Sponsorship agency in the world.
To support the effective development and delivery of the organisations fundraising and engagement strategy. This senior position will also work closely with the Chief Executive to develop and implement a strategy to grow income across a variety of sources to meet overall income targets. This is an exciting opportunity lead an ambitious and enthusiastic team. Ideal position for someone who has held different fundraising/marketing positions and is now looking to take the next step up in their career.
Roles & Responsibilities
- In conjunction with the Management Team, development of income generation strategy in relation to i) current donors and ii) new donors. Adjusting strategy as required to ensure delivery across all income streams.
- Meet overall annual income targets for fundraising, within budget, whilst delivering on all KPIs to ensure long term growth in the number of donors and donations.
- Research and strategically identify new initiatives in fundraising.
- Lead on the production of scheduled and ad-hoc appeals.
- Full oversight of the Fundraising budget.
- Working closely with the Chief Executive, create and develop a corporate engagement strategy for high-level, corporate donors.
- Work collaboratively with the Supporter Engagement Manager in the development of the donor retention journey and ensure KPIs are being met.
- Support the development of a data-led strategic approach to all donor development strategies.
- Support the development and implementation of the Digital Communications Strategy to ensure the needs of the organisation are being met.
- In conjunction with the Programmes Team, ensure all public engagement requirements of Irish Aid are being met.
- Ensure all campaigns are measured effectively and performing against KPIs.
- Monthly reports on department performance for the Management Team.
- Quarterly reports across all activities for the Board of World Vision Ireland. Presenting at Board Meetings as requested.
- Ongoing reporting of expenditure v income and YTD budget spend.
- Management of 4 staff including on-going performance management and administrative HR duties.
- Management of third party suppliers as required.
- Participate in internal meetings and communications.
- Represent World Vision Ireland at meetings and events.
- Perform other duties and tasks, consistent with your skills and expertise, as required in non-routine circumstances.
- Work closely and in collaboration with the organisations different departments and provide relevant support as required.
- Keep up to date on sector developments in line with the responsibilities of the role.
- Candidate must be flexible to the changing needs of the role.
- A sound understanding of the principles of strategic planning.
- Must have 5+ years’ experience in a similar role, managing and generating funds from a variety of channels.
- 3rd level qualification in Communications/Marketing or similar.
- Strong budget management skills.
- Experience in the NGO sector essential.
- Ability to manage, motivate and lead.
- Fluency in verbal and written English – excellent writing skills essential.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good understanding of the charity sector and the codes of best practice in Fundraising, Marketing and Communications.
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task and perform under tight deadlines.
- Excellent copy writing skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a facilitative, participatory and collaborative manner.
- Team player.
- Positive, can-do attitude.
- Results focussed.
- Innovative thinker.
- Energetic and imaginative.
- Passionate about the INGO sector.
- Flexible to the changing needs of the role and organisation.
The above job description only serves as a guide for the position available. World Vision Ireland reserves the right to change this in accordance with the needs of the organisation.
- Job Title: Fundraising Director
- Reporting To: Chief Executive
- Job Location: Rathmines, Dublin 6 with some overseas travel
- Contract Type: Permanent, 6 Months probation (with a possibility to extend)
- Working hours: 9am to 5.30pm Monday – Thursday, 9am – 4.30pm Fridays
- Salary: DOE
- Start Date: ASAP