Communications and Fundraising Manager
Communications and Fundraising Manager
Proudly Made in Africa is seeking a Communications and Fundraising Manager to support our exciting new social enterprise strategy and next phase of growth.
The Communications and Fundraising Manager (CFM) will lead the digital transformation of Proudly Made in Africa. The CFM will create a clear strategy for the promotion of PMIA’s work, products and services.
They have a proven ability to develop and implement digital marketing campaigns from concept to execution with an aim to increase private/corporate donor acquisition and retention.
They will create communications on the PMIA Producer Programme, Education Programme and Membership Programme and define the appropriate target audiences.
The CFM will manage all communications and income related to the PMIA Store and support revenue target sales of promoted products. They will support development in the B2B Buyer network and promote PMIA Producer products. They will support the marketing and promotional opportunities around and sustainable product forums.
The CFM is a resilient multi-tasker, happy to work under own initiative within the parameters of the PMIA strategy and goals. They are committed to the principles of anti-racism and reflect this in their work outputs.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the CFM will be responsible for:
- Fundraising and Marketing
- Working with the CEO and Board of Trustees to develop and implement the organisation’s fundraising strategy to increase PMIA’s revenue
- Coordinate and deliver fundraising events and campaigns delivering revenue against agreed targets
- Manage fundraising budgets
- Provide support for the delivery of major, public fundraising events
- Maintain and manage PMIA’s current donor relationships
- Build new fundraising relationships with target groups and stakeholders
- Identify and work with companies where CSR and PMIA values are aligned.
- Create promotional marketing opportunities for PMIA Producer Network and showcase their sustainable products both online and at trade shows.
- Support the development of a digital marketing strategy that is updated with the latest PMIA producer stories and sustainable value chain developments
- Manage and collate each PMIA Programme blog and newsletter delivery
- PMIA Store Sales and Marketing Management
- Manage PMIA Online Retail Store ensuring product availability and stock control
- Product selection management ensuring all products meet with PMIA standards
- Manage producer and customer logistics in delivery of ready for market delivery
- Manage all resources required to maintain Store promotion and customer service
- Source new products and producers to promote within the PMIA Store
- All other duties commensurate with position
- PMIA Brand Assets and Digital Platforms
- Create innovative and engaging digital content across all PMIA digital platforms
- Manage and develop PMIA Branding to ensure asset usage and development is in line with PMIA strategy and consistently deployed.
- Ensure any third-party usage of PMIA Branding has been approved and licensed.
- Manage, update and develop PMIA Website and Social Media resources
- To collate and produce regular Producer social media promotion, blogs and newsletters
- Manage and recruit external consultants and interns as required
- Track ROI for marketing campaigns
- Join social media groups and professional platforms to discuss industry-related topics
- Monitor corporate website and social media pages and address clients’ queries
- Educated to third level with a degree in communications, digital marketing or another related area
- Experienced with 3-5 years retail/fundraising/membership communications and managing fundraising campaigns
- B2C social media promotional and fundraising campaigns – specifically via Facebook; Google Adwords; email campaigns and SEO/SEM
- Working knowledge of ad serving tools and web analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, etc.)
- Computer literate and proficient across web management, CRM, social media platforms, Shopify, Mailchimp and Canva.
- Experience in creative content writing and can highlight examples.
- An experienced project or event manager and can highlight examples of recent projects, campaigns or events delivered within budget and achieving revenue goals
- A skilled communicator and negotiator with experience dealing with people from different backgrounds, cultures and whose primary language is not English
- A resilient multi-tasker who enjoys a fast pace, learning new things and owning a diverse workload
- Proficient in managing data to ensure tracking business KPIs and metrics for reporting to Board of Trustees, Government Funders, Charities’ Regulator and all other stakeholders.
Specialised skills and experience desired:
- Knowledgeable about business in Africa and/or have previous experience on the continent
- Experience in B2B sales
- Experience working in the not-for-profit sector and/or small start-ups
Terms of Employment:
- 12-month contract, renewable subject to funding and by mutual consent
- Salary range: €35,000-€40,000 pro-rata
- 6% contributory pension plan after 2 years continuous service
- Flexible and remote working available
- From time to time, working outside normal hours may be required but time off in lieu will be granted
- Annual Leave 25 days plus 9 public holidays and office closed Good Friday and between Christmas and New Year
- Training provided and encouraged subject to role and related costs
- Work-related expenses and advances are payable on the presentation of receipts and approved quotes in accordance with PMIA expense policy
- Membership of African-related trade associations or business networking organisations