Assistant Retail Manager
Assistant Retail Manager
To work closely with the Retail Manager and be responsible for the effective operation of the shop on a daily basis.
DEBRA Ireland is the national charity established in 1988 to provide patient support services and to drive research into treatments and cures for those living with the genetic skin condition, epidermolysis bullosa (EB). Our patients who have EB, have skin that is as delicate and fragile as the wings of a butterfly, and just as easily damaged. The condition is extremely painful and leads to disability and deformity. Many of our patients who survive childhood face the frightening reality that they could develop a very aggressive form of skin cancer, due to the constant breakdown of their skin.
Core Duties & Responsibilities
- To assist the Retail Manager with the day to day responsibility of managing the shop including donation (stock) procurement.
- To maintain an awareness of developments in local shops, especially in the charity sector, updating the Retail Manager as required.
- To maintain and develop good channels of communication with DEBRA Ireland supporters, local communities, businesses and organisations.
- To assist the Retail Manager with marketing campaigns and sales promotions to increase sales.
- To ensure the shop is competing effectively with local competitors.
- To ensure all volunteers maintain a high standard of customer care and manage volunteer rota when Retail Manager is away.
- To promote the store in the local community through initiatives, for example initiating stock appeals and circulating charity shop donation bags.
- To undertake cash register procedures (end of day cash up / voids) - Daily Cash Sheets when instructed by Retail Manager.
- To act as a key holder (with Retail Manager) for both Charity Shop and Stock Room.
- To apply the organisations Health & Safety policy and ensure that health and safety procedures are understood and implemented by all volunteers (as per shop manual).
- To do all within your powers to keep DEBRA Ireland property secure and in good working order.
- To carry out any other duties deemed appropriate by the Retail Manager.
- Good level of computer skills in all MS programmes including emails.
- Good working knowledge of social media.
- Effective time management skills with rostering experience.
- Ability to delegate tasks and have strong people management skills.
- Have previous management experience and have a proven track record in managing and motivating staff members.
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills.
- Have flexibility around working hours and be able to increase working hours as requested by the Retail Manager and move your working days as needed.
- 12 hours a week (1 Full Day (Monday) and one afternoon or morning slot).
- To increase to 5 days a week when Retail Manager is on annual leave.
- To be agreed based on experience.