DeafHear.ie - Services for Deaf and Hard of Hearing
DeafHear's one day Deaf and Hearing Awareness training gives participants the confidence to communicate politely and efficiently with deaf and hard of hearing people in typical work situations.
The training is interactive and each session is tailored to the specific requirements of the organisation involved.
The training focuses on:
- What it is like to be a deaf person or a hard of hearing person in a hearing world
- Understanding different types of deafness
- Point of good practice in spoken and written communication
- Basic sign language skills
- How to make you service accessible to deaf people.
DeafHear (formerly The National Association for the Deaf) is a Non Profit Voluntary Organisation, established in 1964. It provides support services to deaf and hard of hearing people and their families, and to professionals working with them. DeafHear campaigns and advocates for improved health and education services and better access to society for all deaf and hard of hearing people. Over 30,000 people avail of DeafHear services every year.
Services Provided by DeafHear Include:
- Family and Support Services (Social Work, Counselling, Respite and Family Activities).
- Assistive Technology – special alarms, doorbells and listening devices.
- Communication Therapy for those with acquired hearing loss.
- Sign Language Classes throughout Ireland.
- Information and Advice on all aspects of deafness and hearing loss.
- A Mental Health Service accessible through Irish Sign Language.
These services are available through a national network of resource centres & outreach programmes.
For more information on DeafHear please visit www.deafhear.ie
This training is provided by qualified, diverse and experienced DeafHear staff who bring their own experience and expertise to the training.
DeafHear has provided training to those employed in state agencies (for example, Irish Rail), government departments ( for example, Department of Social Welfare) and NGOs, as well as professionals working in the health services, particularly the community health services.
DeafHear Deaf and Hard of Hearing Awareness Training has been placed on the F+
|Deaf and Hard of Hearing Training||on-request||On-Request||Full day €1,000|