Make reports more effective. This 2-day course will show participants how to write reports clearly and efficiently and approach report writing in a systematic manner.
- Planning and clarifying the terms of reference
- Preparatory stages: the writer, the reader and the information
- Time managing the reporting process
- Selecting relevant information
- Organising and sequencing the material
- Layout of report and most effective use of each report section
- Differentiating between fact, analysis and opinion
- Conclusions and recommendations
- Writing clear, concise sentences
- Developing a reader-friendly writing style
- Editing with purpose
- Analysing reports
This course is suitable for anybody who has to produce reports as part of their organisational roles. Participants are encouraged to bring along their own sample material to work on over the 2-days.
Please contact Irish Times Training at 01 472 7101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for registration details.