Planning Your Website from Scratch: Dublin - 11 May 2017
Is it time to upgrade your website, or are you perhaps setting up your very first website? And if so, where do you begin?
- Building your own website: the options, pros and cons
- Working with external designers and developers
- Sitemaps and wireframes
- Making your website mobile and tablet friendly (responsive design)
- How to integrate social media on your website
- How to make your website visible to search engines (SEO)
- An introduction to Google Analytics
- How to futureproof your website.
- Knowledge and tools to create your own website
- An understanding of the website-building process
- An understanding of the relationship between social media and website
- Website design top tips and insights
- Best practices on writing for the web.
Facilitator: Gert Ackermann, Communications Coordinator, The Wheel
Gert Ackermann is The Wheel's Communications Coordinator. He studied digital Marketing, Political Science and Journalism and cut his teeth in journalism, corporate communications and publishing.
Gert is responsible for The Wheel's communications strategy and publications and he is the editor of the sector magazine, Be The Change. Gert also works as a freelance publicist and consultant in the community & voluntary and publishing sectors.
Feedback from Previous Attendees of This workshop
This workshop is ideal for anyone working in communications, marketing, IT or strategy building / management.