Governance & Charity Regulation - a 2-day Survival Guide: Limerick - 9 & 10 May 2017
An intensive 2-day training opportunity for Irish charities determined to excel in good governance, income diversification, complying with charity regulation and understanding the requirements of transparency at all times.
It is possible to attend each session individually or the full 2-day programme (click here to see registration detail below).
- A clear and achievable pathway towards successful compliance with all facets of charity regulation (including an entire day given over to good governance);
- A thorough understanding of income diversification and how to make services financially sustainable;
- How to adhere to best practice in terms of transparency, as well demonstrating impacts and outcomes.
DAY 1 – Governance from the Ground Up (Regulation)
Morning Session: Intro to Governance
Afternoon Session: Governance Code In-depth
Day 2 – Regulation. Resources. Recognition.
Session 1: Regulation
Session 2: Resources
- Sourcing grants
- Generating earned income
- Securing contracts.
Session 3: Recognition
- Impacts and Outcomes: prepare to gain a tight understanding of the importance of outcomes-based work, measuring your impact and demonstrating your effectiveness.
- Transparency: this part of the session will focus on best practice guidelines for ensuring your organisation is being as transparent as possible. For example, prominently indicating on your website etc. that your non-profit is already in compliance with the Governance Code or publishing your annual accounts online for all interested parties to access and read.
- Communications Tools: we’ll wrap up the day with some practical pointers towards resources, tools and applications that you can employ – often for free – to help your organisation communicate the great work that you do to all stakeholders.
Note on Booking
Upon completion, attendees will be equipped to confidently tackle the biggest challenges that their non-profits are facing.
From income concerns, to charity regulation and good governance, this 2-day workshop represents an excellent investment in the long-term health and standing of your non-profit.
Trainer: Ivan Cooper (Director of Advocacy, The Wheel)
Ivan is charged with progressing The Wheel's policy positions on cross-cutting issues affecting the community and voluntary sector, e.g. charity regulation, strengthening the sector, active-citizenship, standards and supports amongst others.
He oversees the research programme which The Wheel conducts about the profile and scope of the community and voluntary sector in Ireland and he represents The Wheel on a range of fora, national and international.
A number of bursaries are available for attendance of this 2-day training event. Please contact Jayne Tennyson for further details: email@example.com.
Feedback from Previous Participants of this Workshop:
"Taking the time - 2 days to explore the topics in depth was truly valuable. The materials provided, together with the promise of Power Point slides add significantly to the learning experience. The participants at such an event are always a valuable resource. A really valuable workshop, thank you." - Liz Murphy, Pieta House
"The understanding I gained in this training are valuable to our company strategy and planning. Coming to this training at a time we are strategizing for the year ahead is spot on. I think all not for profit organisation should be made to attend this training." - J. Eniola, The Compassion Centre Ireland
"I was particularly interested in the provisions of the Charities Act 2009 as they will impact on my role and I feel the session gave me plenty of the information I sought plus a route through which to enhance my understanding." - E. Matthews, Royal National Lifeboat Institution
"The course was a perfect introduction to regulation, governance and reporting in the sector. Ivan is a great facilitator. His energy, expertise and enthusiasm transforms what could be just a training course into a very positive experience." - A. Farrell, Transparency International Ireland
"An excellent initiation into the mindset needed in the new Regulatory regime . Ivan's sessions were lively and questioning - brilliantly done, moved everyone to higher level of understanding." - W. Hammond, Edmund Rice International
The Governance Code
This Code has been developed by the sector and for the sector, with the express purpose of enabling CVC organisations to achieve the highest standards of governance in the running of their organisations.
Seeking Further Assistance with The Governance Code?
The Wheel provides tailored training solutions to community, voluntary and charitable organisations in the areas of: Corporate & Financial Governance; Strategic Planning; Income Diversification & Fundraising; Risk Management; and Communications.
Click here to learn more.
This Programme is brought to you by:
This workshop will be of particular relevance to charity CEO’s, financial officers, fundraisers, trustees and other senior staff. All, however, are welcome to attend.