CIH Certificate in Housing Practice
The CIH accredited Certificate in Housing Practice will provide participants with an introduction to housing policy in Ireland. The course gives an overview of some of the main features including the tenures, housing finance and community work, and provides participants with some of the skills useful in both areas of housing and community.
Programme content includes:
- An overview of the housing sector in Ireland
- Examination of tenant / landlord relationships including the range of tenures available, and contemporary models of tenant participation
- Understanding the history of housing policy in Ireland and analysing current policy.
- An introduction to housing finance
- Principles of equality and diversity in relation to housing
- A look at some of the skills useful in housing and community work (inc. conflict management and teamwork).
This Certificate is particularly relevant for:
- People who are new to housing or workers in a front-line position who want to improve their general awareness of housing issues.
- People working in housing who wish to attain an initial qualification in housing.
- Tenants and residents wishing to explore housing issues to enhance their personal involvement and understanding of housing issues.
- People not currently working in housing but considering a front-line housing position as a career option
Please email email@example.com  or phone 0818-357901 for enquiries and booking forms.
The closing date for applications is 28th March 2013.