The Wheel is currently recruiting an experienced Communications & Marketing Intern. Full details below...
Vacancy: Communications & Marketing Intern (an unpaid role)
Time Requirement: 3-days a week for up to four months
Who’s recruiting? The Wheel – a national representative and support body for Ireland’s community / voluntary / charity sector.
Role Outline: (note that this is an unpaid intern role)
The Wheelis a member of a Working Group which has come together to develop and disseminate a ‘Code of Practice for Good Governance of Community, Voluntary and Charitable Organisations in Ireland’.
The Wheelis pleased to offer a ‘Communications and Marketing’ Intern role of up to four months duration to coordinate and support the public consultation phase and subsequent formal launch of this landmark project in Ireland. The intern role will work closely with the Chief Executive Officer of The Wheel over the course of this project and gain valuable experience in a landmark project for the community and voluntary sector.
- To assist in the preparation for and to coordinate a public consultation for the new Code of Governance for community / voluntary / charitable organisations.
- To assist with review and analysis of all feedback received.
- To assist in the preparations for a formal launch of the Code.
- Assist with marketing and dissemination of the Code.
- To assist in supporting the Working Group.
Relevant experience in a communications/marketing/PR role is required, as is a track record of project management and administration. The successful Intern will have excellent oral and written communication skills and a demonstrable ability to work to deadlines in planning, researching and writing. High motivation, positive disposition and a flexible attitude are a must for this unique and rewarding experience.