Value the Difference - Cross Community
15-20 March 2011 – Denmark
To reflect, explore and learn more about the field of Cultural Diversity in European youth work, with a focus on youth and cross community work.
- To reflect critically about personal and cultural identity
- To gain a greater understanding of cultural diversity in different local & national realities
- To learn from cross community youth work, and raise awareness how that can lead to a more integrated society
- To better understand concepts which relate to the themes/topics of Cultural Diversity, such as stereotypes, prejudice, culture etc
- To develop intercultural skills and competences related to international youth projects, reflecting on learning by using Youthpass
- To get inspired to carry out future international youth projects through YiA programme and other resource possibilities
Don't expect from this training:
- Programme space for contact making to create future projects. This may happen in informal moments.
- To practice skills on delivering methods, but it could be possible to be inspired by the sessions which are given by the trainers.
It is a 4 full programme days. Participants must attend the FULL DURATION
- Day 1: group building, reflection on identity and self
- Day 2: dealing with the topic of cultural diversity, norms and values, culture, discrimination, prejudice, inclusion/exclusion...
- Day 3: historical and local perspectives of diversity, project visits
- Day 4: planning action for change
Youthpass will be a transversal element throughout the programme.
All training/ accommodation and flights are paid by the Youth In Action Programme – Selected Participants are required to pay €50 fee and any local travel costs
Deadline for applications 15th January 2011
Application available on salto-youth.net