Positive Parenting – Building Strong Relationships with Children
Training for Trainers 26-28 March in 17 Herbert Street, Dublin 2
Positive Parenting Training for Trainers is based on our manual Positive Parenting in One-Parent Families: building strong relationships and managing difficult behaviour. The course prepares workers to design and deliver parenting programmes to groups or work one-to-one with families with extra supports built in to support parents alone, sharing parenting and parenting through family change.
After taking part in this training you will be able to:
- design and deliver a ten-week Positive Parenting programme;
- understand the theory behind the Positive Parenting manual
- be familiar with a range approaches for managing difficult behaviour in children while raising self-esteem
- support parents in implementing these approaches and making changes in their parenting styles
- support parents to foster trust and develop strong relationships with their children
- know the provisions of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child
- support parents in parenting when they are: separating or divorcing, sharing parenting, parenting in a multicultural society, parenting alone;
- support parents to talk to their children about their family situations and
- support families to parent through difficult times.
Who would benefit from this course?
All those who are interested in delivering parenting courses and those who work with parents and their children such as project workers, family support workers, social workers, family therapists and so on.
To reserve a place, please contact: Paula Lonergan Training Manager, Tel: 01- 6629212 firstname.lastname@example.org
Or book directly at http://www.onefamily.ie/professionals/training-sonsultancy-service/
All materials will be provided, including Positive Parenting Trainers Manual
Light lunch & refreshments included in cost.