Microsoft Donations - One Year on....
This time last year, the Microsoft Software Donation Programme underwent some major changes! It is now even easier for organisations to get the Microsoft products that are needed when they are needed!
Just some of the changes:
- Organisations now have more flexibility in when they can request donations and in the product donations available.
- There is no longer a 5 seat order minimum
- You can now order:
- From 10 title groups, with a 50-license maximum for desktop and operating systems or license-only title groups (more details)
- A maximum of five server products, regardless of title group (more details)
- There is no limit to the number of times an organisation can make a Microsoft donation request within the two-year cycle as long as they have not used up their full allotment. (After two years, a new cycle begins, and the allotment is reset)
- We’re pleased to have introduced the Microsoft Donation Center, so eligible organisations can easily track their Microsoft requests and see what else Microsoft has to offer.
- As part of the updates to the Microsoft Software Donation Program, Microsoft have made donations of full versions of its Windows operating systems available through the Microsoft Get Genuine program. What does this mean for you, well your organisation may have PCs with illegal, free, or basic operating systems — either from accepting donated machines or buying the computers at bargain-basement prices. Microsoft’s Get Genuine programme offers your organisation a one-time chance to get your existing computers running fully legitimate and upgradable Windows operating systems, enabling your organisation to easily upgrade through ENCLUDE when a more recent OS version is needed or released. To be eligible for the Get Genuine donations, the existing computers on which your organisation will install the full Windows OS software must currently have one of the following:
o Counterfeit, pirated, or otherwise illegal, unlicensed, or improperly licensed Windows operating systems
o Home Premium, Home Basic, or Starter editions of Windows 7 or Windows Vista
o Home or Starter editions of Windows XP
o Linux, FreeDOS, or other operating systems
o No operating systems
Request Carefully — Get Genuine Windows OS Products Are a One-Time Donation
Microsoft-eligible organizations can request donations of full Get Genuine Windows operating systems only once, ever, so please make sure to plan your request carefully. Since the Get Genuine products are part of the Windows Desktop Operating Systems title group, a request for this product will count against your two-year cycle allotment of 50 licenses in the Windows Desktop Operating Systems title group.
Windows Upgrade Still Available
If your existing PCs already have a qualifying base operating system in place, you can still request the Windows OS Upgrades donations that ENCLUDE has always offered. Since you only have one chance to request Get Genuine Windows OS products ever, you should request the standard upgrade products if you have one of the following qualified, base Operating Systems already in place on your machine:
- Enterprise, Professional, or Ultimate editions of Windows 7 or Windows Vista
- XP Professional version of Windows XP
- Windows 2000 Professional
- Windows NT Workstation 4.0
- Windows 98 (2nd Edition)
- Apple Macintosh
Still Have Questions? Call me on 01 6535099.