INVITATION TO QUOTE
CO.CARLOW SPORTS PARTNERSHIP STRATEGIC REVIEW
AND NEW STRATEGY DEVELOPMENT
The Board of Co. Carlow Sports Partnership (CCSP) wish to engage a consultant to evaluate the progress of Co. Carlow Sports Partnership from 2008 – 2011and to facilitate the development of a new five year strategy.
A key output of this consultancy will be a document containing
- Review of the CCSP Strategic Plan 2008-2010 (Part A), and;
- Concise new Strategic Plan for 2012-2017. (Part B)
The evaluation will:
- Measure the extent to which the CCSP current strategy has achieved its aims and objectives and will involve an analysis of the programme inputs, outputs, outcomes and impacts;
- Assess the strategy implementation and effectiveness of CCSP operational structures;
- Assess the effectiveness of the CCSP in co-ordinating an inter-agency joined up approach to sports development in Carlow;
- Examine the extent to which CCSP activities contribute to the delivery of partner agency objectives in the area of sport and active recreation;
- Draw conclusions and recommendations for future strategic direction.
This process will input to the preparation of the new strategic plan 2012-2017.
The new strategic plan will detail the next phase of development and evolution for Carlow LSP, including;
- Future vision and resources and processes to achieve it;
- Key strategic areas;
- List of actions under each strategic area.
Consultation is key to creating a sense of ownership for the review and resulting plan.
- Internal Stakeholders: LSP Board, local statutory agencies, local sporting clubs/organizations, local community & voluntary groups, schools and the local people.
- External Stakeholders: National Governing Bodies of sport, facility owners and providers, the media, the Irish Sports Council and Government Departments/Agencies.
Tasks in the development of the work to be completed by consultant includes, but is not exclusive to the following:
- Review of existing related documentation
- Written submissions
- Focus/discussion groups
- Public consultation meetings
- Consultation with the staff and board.
- Planning workshop with board involving debate on strategy, partner engagement, operating structures and key issues for sport & recreation in Carlow
The successful consultant will have responsibility for driving the initiative which will draw on their necessary expertise and knowledge and will be expected to make recommendations and draw conclusions as appropriate. The consultant will report to the Executive Committee on the project on a regular basis with the key contact person being the Sports Partnership Co-ordinator.
It is envisaged that the consultant’s involvement in the Review and new Strategic Plan Development will be initiated in June 2012 and the work to be completed by the Sept 2012. It is important that quotes clearly outline the timeframe within which they will carry out the proposed work.
RESPONSE TO THE TENDER MUST INCLUDE:
- Methodology to be used
- Timetable listing key milestones and dates for meeting the deadline
- Description of team, expertise and experience
- Detailed budget
- Identification of any conflicts of interest
- An outline of three pieces of work relevant to this tender with contact details supplied for referees.
- Quotes should clearly outline all fees associated with the process including VAT, travel, expenses, etc. The Executive Committee expects the successful consultant to work within their proposed budget and report regularly on budgetary issues. Consideration will be given to competitive tenders. The maximum available budget is €2,500
- The closing date for receiving proposals is Monday, 28th May 2012 at 5pm. It is important that key milestones for completion of this project are clearly outlined.
- Potential consultants may be required to attend for interview.
LODGING A TENDER:
- Consultants responding to this brief are required to nominate a lead person from their organisation as a point of contact.
- Consultants are required to provide details of all key staff and experience in the provision of these services.
- All supporting material and documentation should be included in the response.
- All costs associated with the consultant’s response to the Request for Quotes will be the responsibility of the consultant.
- The successful quote must commit to completing both Part A and Part B of assignment.
- The Executive Committee is not bound to accept the lowest, or any tender and will award the contract to its best advantage.
- All unsuccessful quotes will be notified of the decision.
- Unless otherwise expressly agreed, there shall be no binding contract between the quote and the Executive Committee unless or until, a written contract is signed by both parties.
THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE EXPRESSLY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO:
- Extend the time of lodgement of responses to the Request for Quote and/or to vary the timings and process for their Request for Quote.
- Vary any requirements of the services required
- Following evaluation, accept or reject any or all responses
- Seek and obtain clarification of any responses including additional information.
- Request providers to amend their responses.
- Accept any proposal in part or in total.
TENDER EVALUATION PROCESS:
- Initially the proposals will be checked for compliance with the Request for Quote conditions. Potential consultants will be assessed both on their Quote proposal and a follow up interview.
- They will be assessed against the following major attributes:
- Interpretation of the brief and proposed methodology.
- Proven capability and experience in research, consultation and relevant field of work.
- Capacity to complete the work within the stated timeframe.
Please return tender to the address below, with all queries directed to same:
Martha Jane Duggan,
Co.Carlow Sports Partnership,
Community & Enterprise Dept,
Carlow Co. Council,