The development of a comprehensive National Housing Plan is the subject matter for the Respond! Housing Conference on September 20th/21st in the Maldron Hotel, Tallaght, Dublin. This is a national forum for all in the public, private and voluntary sectors to come together to address the issue of a lack of a comprehensive National Housing Plan. It is also a chance to celebrate, champion and examine the role of community development through education.
In particular, the conference will consider:
- How necessary is a comprehensive National Housing Plan?
- What are the essential components of a National Housing Plan?
- How would it respond to social housing need?
- Ingredients towards sustainable housing estates
- What linkages can be forged between the private, the State and the not-for-profit sectors?
- Regeneration and getting it “right” from the start
- Community empowerment through education
- Mental health concerns on social housing estates
- Celebrating life and best practice on a social housing estate
- Joe Duffy (Radio Broadcaster)
- Prof Tony Fahey (UCD School of Applied Social Services)
- Gerry Sheeran (Former President of the Irish Planning Institute)
- Fr Seán Healy (Social Justice Ireland)
- Prof Paddy Grey (University of Ulster
- Fr Peter McVerry (Peter McVerry Trust)
- Oliver O’ Loughhlin (Limerick City Council)
- Eleanor McClorey (YoungBallymun)
- Prof Lorreta Lees (King's College, London)
- Evelyn Hanlon (Dublin City Council)
- Dr Padraic Kenna (NUI Galway)
- Kieran Harte (DAFT.ie)
- Maria Griffen (County Dublin VEC)
For further information please see www.respond.ie or call 0818 357901