Developing Personal Presence - Bernard Ross, Dublin, 2 September.
- Date: Thurs 2nd September
- Time: 9.15am – 5.15pm
Learn how to make a powerful and memorable impact in small and large groups, with this intensive one-day programme delivered by Bernard Ross. This is the second in the current training series run by Ask Direct in partnership with the Management Centre (=mc).
One of The Management Centre’s most popular programmes, Developing Personal Presence builds on the skills individuals already have, to develop a more sophisticated approach to impactful communications – from informal meetings to full-blown presentations.
The course will help you:
- think on your feet and convey complex ideas quickly and effectively in impromptu or formal situations
- convey an impression of authority, confidence and sincerity, especially when under pressure – or even under attack
- convince or impress stakeholders
- sell ideas to colleagues or those in more senior positions
- communicate more effectively with important stakeholders
On the day you’ll cover:
- The secrets of confidence and charisma: acquire the five key techniques to help you acquire ‘charisma’ and personal power – on demand
- Developing a personal brand: understand how to create and assess yourself as a brand and position yourself appropriately
- Communicating under pressure: discover how to organise and transmit your thoughts quickly and effectively
- Presence principles: find out how experienced communicators convey presence through a mixture of eye contact, body language and voice
- Structuring your ideas: learn how and when to use the seven ‘core’ structures to shape and present your ideas
- Communicating to large audiences: acquire a new skill-set and approach for large audiences
- Think-Feel-Do: discover how to structure your message so that it has the greatest impact
- Changing minds: motivate people to change their view by understanding and using ‘hygiene’ factors and ‘motivators’
- Be memorable: understand how people process information and make decisions – then make yourself and your ideas memorable.
The programme uses extensive interactive approaches and activities.
Be prepared to take part!
Who’s it for?
Developing Personal Presence will be of value to anyone in the nonprofit sector who wants to:
- improve their ability to confidently and effectively present ideas
- develop their negotiation skills and become more persuasive
- communicate more effectively in small or large groups.
The are two courses remaining in our current training series:
- 2 September - Developing Personal Presence
- 30 September - Strategic Planning Tools for Fundraisiers
The cost of each training programme, including full documentation, lunch and refreshments, is €285. There are discounts available for booking more than one course.
To book your place, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone us on 01 524 2440.