The Wheel Releases Updated Guidelines On Charity Reserves
To the uninitiated, the issue of having a Reserves Policy for your charity may not seem to be the most pressing matter at hand. Yet, as you will see if you read through The Wheel's updated Guidelines on Reserves Policies for Charities, this particular subject is a complex one and requires careful planning if footfalls and even potential controversy are to be avoided.
The Wheel strongly recommends that you familiarise yourself with the updated guidelines, which cover the following key topics:
- What are charity reserves?
- Why have a reserves policy?
- The benefits of developing a reserves policy.
- Is there a problem with a charity having reserves?
- What a reserves policy should cover.
- Fixing a reserves level.
- An example of a reserves policy.
The guidelines also can downloaded as a PDF and furthermore feature a number of additional resources to bring you up to speed.