Ulster Bank Business Achievers Awards Includes Social Entrepreneurial Category
Companies across the island of Ireland are being invited to enter the annual ‘Ulster Bank Business Achievers Awards’ which recognise business success, irrespective of offering, size, sector or location.
The Awards also include a Social Entrepreneurship category, which is for businesses with a firm focus on addressing the social based challenges that we face today. Not motivated by profit, the entrepreneurs involved in these organizations have a strong social conscience and are inspired by achieving wider social objectives.
The awards, now in their 18th year, are in association with the Irish Independent, Enterprise Ireland, InterTradeIreland and Invest NI.
Throughout each stage of the competition, companies will be judged on a variety of merits including financial performance, company milestones and achievements, future strategy for the business and development of innovative products and services.
Award Categories & Judging Process
Entries for the 2011 awards are open to businesses across all sectors and businesses can enter themselves in up to two of eight categories:
1. Innovation & Emerging Technology Award
2. International Business Award
3. Social Entrepreneurship Award
4. Best Business Start-up Award
5. Family Run Business Award
6. Green Business Award
7. Agriculture, Food & Drink Award
8. Service Business Award
Following an initial judging process at the preliminary stage of the awards, competing businesses will be shortlisted for provincial awards. Provincial award winners will then go on to compete in their respective categories at an all-island awards ceremony in 2012 where one category winner will also be crowned overall ‘Ulster Bank Business Achiever 2011’.
Prizes & Benefits
Once you complete the application on the Ulster Bank Business Achievers website, there are many opportunities that you and your company can benefit from:
- Extensive national and local media coverage through our media partners, the Irish Independent and the Belfast Telegraph
- Sell, pitch and gain insight for your business from some of Irelands leading entrepreneurs and industry experts
- Network and exhibit your company at our provincial and national awards ceremonies
- Gain access to a focused business forum for like-minded entrepreneurs through www.smallbusinesscan.com
- The 2011 Ulster Bank Business Achiever will receive a comprehensive reward package including a €50,000 publishing bursary with the Irish Independent, business mentoring from Enterprise Ireland, a full service communications workshop, a business laptop and a specially commissioned Business Achievers Award trophy.
Find Out More
Entries will close on Wednesday, 30 November, and the Provincial Award Winners will be announced at award ceremonies in January and February 2012.